When I started this blog last summer I never imagined the wonderful people that would be brought into my life. Blogging is more than just putting words on a screen, it is about building a community and sharing ideas. I am truly blessed to be part of this community and look forward to learning more from each and every one of you.
A big thank you to Dawn over at Alphabet Salad for honoring me with the Versatile Blogger Award!
As I understand, here are my responsibilities:
- Share 7 completely random pieces of information about myself.
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Here are my 7 completely random facts:
- I have a degree in Art Education from Ohio University. Since graduation I have not stepped into a classroom. Nor have I created a single piece of art. I’ll probably never teach art in a classroom setting but I will eventually pick up a paint brush again.
- I am a certified diamontologist and guild gemologist. I worked for 7 years in the jewelry business both during and after college. This included managing two multi-million dollar jewelry stores (and a LOT of stress!).
- I was named after the actress Morgan Brittany from the hit TV show Dallas. My mother went into labor the night you found out “Who shot JR?”. She did not want to go to the hospital and miss the episode.
- I have a tendancy to become obsessed with certain ideas/subjects, especially when first introduced to them. I’ve been this way my entire life. When I was young it was dinosaurs, The Lion King, and R.L. Stein. As an adult I’ve dove headfirst into investing/finance, frugal living, and now homesteading. Hey, not all obsessions are bad, right?
- I strongly dislike being cold. If it weren’t for family I would’ve moved south years ago!
- If it weren’t so bad for me I would drink Coke all the time. I haven’t been able to kick the habit 100% although I have significantly cut back. I have been able to go multiple weeks without a single Coke but now I’m back to having one every few days. I guess I’ll just keep trying.
- I quit smoking in 2002. I had my last cigarette in March, 2008. It is the best thing I ever did for myself!
Here are 15 outstanding blogs that I am nominating for this award. I have personally gotten to know a few of these bloggers, others I was recently introduced to. Either way they are all great and have a lot to share! Please stop by and check them out!
- Hillbilly Mom
- Full Belly Sisters
- The Root Cellar’s Garden
- Mad Mad Me
- New Life on a Homestead
- Collecting the Moments
- The Homesteading Hippy
- The Holistic Mama
- Attached 2 Parenting
- Real Food for Less Money
- Kojo Designs
- The Peaceful Mom
- Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Bakeaholic Mama
- Please Note Paper
I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do!