Here is an update on how I’m doing with the goals I set for myself this year.
Instead of one big resolution (which I probably wouldn’t keep anyway) I committed to smaller, more manageable goals this year. My goals are spread out in different areas of my life. Some will be easier than others but the important thing is that they are all doable.
- Complete quick tasks immediately rather than let them pile up. I’m getting better at this but it is still a work in progress.
- Take 10-15 minutes each evening to put away clutter. Still needs work, who knew having a 3 year old and a newborn could be so messy
- Plant an herb garden. Still too cold, in a few more months.
- Enlarge our current garden plot to increase our food production. Again, too cold and wet right now.
- Complete the six projects for 2012 I have listed here. Two of the six completed with success!
- Read one book a month from my 2012 reading list. I’m doing really well with this, have read three off the list and working on number four now!
- Have a monthly date night with my husband. Two months in a row!
- Have a monthly get-together with my girlfriends. Not yet but I’m not really able to be away from the little guy for too long with nursing. Soon though!
- Eat more whole and local foods. All the meat in our freezer is local but produce is hard to come by this time of year. We have been eating more produce though
- Be more patient with my daughter. Practice self-discipline and control my frustrations. Getting better but she is very talented at testing the boundaries!
- Conquer potty training! NOT EVEN CLOSE!
- After maternity leave, recommit to monthly savings/debt repayment goals. I am still on maternity leave but am watching our pennies closely.
- Commit to weekly meal planning to help with grocery budget. I’m just getting into the swing of things this week. We’ve been blessed to have family making a lot of our meals once the new baby was born.
- Continue using a monthly written budget. Yes!
- Plan blog posts one month in advance. Getting better at this but not perfect
- Write blog posts one week in advance. I have done really well with this which is making writing less stressful and more enjoyable.
- Network with other bloggers to increase readership. Have met a lot of great people on Facebook, love the community and all the love and support!
- Host one giveaway each quarter. Did a giveaway for first quarter, will be working on bringing you all more cool stuff!
What goals have you set for yourself in 2012? How are you doing with achieving your goals?