We love banana bread in our house so I was very excited to find this recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread from Lovin from the Oven. It was absolutely delicious! I made a few changes to the original recipe, substituting half the flour with whole wheat flour. It made a denser bread than usual but was still very moist and yummy!
For the Bread:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
For the swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Add dry ingredients to the banana mix a little at a time, stirring until well mixed.
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan. Sprinkle about 2/3 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
I think the next time I make this recipe I will try using a muffin pan instead of a loaf pan. Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins sound pretty good too!