Crystal over at Money Saving Mom recently posted twelve projects she wants to complete in 2012. She set the same goal for herself in 2011 and had great results (see her 2011 post here)! I felt inspired by her success and decided to create my own list of projects for 2012. Since we will have a toddler and a newborn in the house (and we’ll both be working full time) I decided to keep my list to six projects instead of twelve. I can always add to the list later if time permits
- Make a Vision Board - I’m going to place it in my bathroom so I can see it everyday. I believe that when you visualize your goals each day you are more apt to find ways to achieve them. By seeing my goals in front of me everyday I will keep them front and center in my mind. I already write down my goals, this will just put them in visual form using images.
- Bake Bread from my new book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.
- Make Homemade Soap – I’m still researching recipes for this one. If anyone has any good recipes they would like to share please post them in the comments!
- Make Homemade Baby Food - I wanted to do this with Aeva and ended up buying organic baby food due to time constraints. With this baby I am going to plan ahead and make it a priority. I was given a Baby Bullet for Christmas which should make the whole process pretty simple!
- Make Hummus – preferably Roasted-Red Pepper Hummus!
- Make Navratan Korma, my absolute favorite Indian dish! I’ve attempted this dish once before with little success. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again (especially when the result could be one of your favorite dishes!).
A few projects that I did last year that I plan to do again:
- Make Homemade Hot Sauce
- Make Homemade Jams and Jellies (last year I made strawberry and apple, I want to include blackberry and raspberry this year)
- Can Tomato Sauce
- Can Applesauce (last year I made it but didn’t can any)
What projects are on your list for 2012?